• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Menorca (1 Viewer)

k.k.stevenson1

o:D Hi ever body .I am off to Menorca in september can enyone help me with the best places to go birding we will be in Santandria south of Cuitadela .NO car so we will probably be on foot or bicycle .All the best Ken.o:D

Hi ken
I am afraid I can't help you here but I am sure that someone in the forum can point you to a trip report or advise you themselves.

Anyone?

Rich

Hi Ken,

Personally I love the island. A bike is the perfect way to explore. We've stayed at a couple of places, but Cala Galdana was by far the best, as the Algendra Gorge was quite handy. Any of the wooded cliff top paths along that south coast were excellent for such birds as Hoopoe and Woodchat Shrike. Close to towns we found Stonechat, Flycathcers, Red backed Shrike and Turtle Dove.

Any of the open valleys can hold no end of Raptors.

Hi Ken, I asked a similar question a few weeks back as I'm off to Menorca in mid August. I had several replies and if I can find the thread again I'll let you know. I sent for the Menorca Tour & Trail Map £5 which shows all the pathways,minor roads etc. you can get a copy from Discovery Walking Guides Ltd. 10 Tennyson Close, Northampton, NN5 7HJ. I think the p&p was free.
The S'Albufera seems to be the biggest reserve on the island and is on the North East of the island.

Hi, me again...if you go into "search" type in "Menorca" then all the threads will come up including mine with all the info. I'll let you know how my 2 weeks go when I return at the end of August.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back