• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Map of South West Turkey (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

I'm off on a trip to Dalyan shortly and although I'll be taking my satnav, I also want a map of the region for a wider view.

I thought it would be a simple task, but I'm struggling.

There are maps of the whole country at 1:800,000 that are all but useless for my needs and a map at 1:150,000 showing the area from Fethiye to Antalya, which cleverly avoids Dalyan and points west.

Is there a map available at a scale of about 1:250,000 or 1:400,000 that takes in an area from Marmaris to Antalya?

For the area around Dalyan have a look here http://www.dalyanbirding.com/ there is also a couple of books available for the dalyan area written by Alan Fenn I would look at the backways and trackways book this is available from a number of outlets in Dalyan.

There is a map available from Kaunos Tours in Dalyan that covers the area from Koycegiz to Fethiye this is 1:70000 scale (1cm = 0.7km) this covers topographic contours. main roads, back roads and earth roads. etc I think it is about 29tl. This is a photo of the map to give you some idea of it

DSC_4059.jpg

I don't know of any maps that would cover the whole area you want.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I'll look for the Kaunos map when I get there.

I've looked at your website before (it looks good) and we'll be using it on my wife's notebook when we get there, very useful.

I think I've found a map on the internet that might cover the area that I'm looking for, but it's not ideal, covering the whole Aegean coast at about 1:500,000. I've ordered it and we'll see what it's like. It will probably do the job in conjunction with the satnav.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. I've not been to Turkey yet and the area around Dalyan looks good. We'll be making excursions out to Korkuteli and Bafa Golu also, so there should be plenty to keep me happy.

Forgot to add the area around Seki and Lake Girdev to the west of Fethiye is very good this time of year it is in paul hopes book "walking and bird watching in Sw turkey" page 129

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back