• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Macro focusing teleconverters (2 Viewers)

Paul Corfield

I couldn't reply to the old thread on this model of TC as the thread was too old. I picked up another of these 2X Teleplus Macro Focusing TC's on ebay this week for a very low price. The seller listed it as a Canon FD fit but I could tell from the photo it was actually a Nikon mount. That meant I got it for about a third of the usual price. It's mint condition with the original box, instructions and leather case. I stacked it earlier today with my other one to see how they perform at 4X. It wasn't too bad, better than I expected. The photo of the Robin is uncropped. 4X is 2400mm on the SW80ED and for those who add in the crop factor it's 3672mm equivalent on my Nikon D3300 (crop factor 1.53X).

Paul.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_4318.jpg
    DSC_4318.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 131
Paul,

Pretty good I must say. Seems free from shake blur which is quite remarkable considering exposure time of 1/125s @2400mm. I suppose you took the photo from a wind-free place (your garage?)

I was stood outside and hand holding the camera/scope as in all three axis were loose on my tripod mount. I guess over time I've got used to using very high mag and keeping a steady hand. After a while of working at high mag I can drop down to 600mm and it seems very easy to get almost 100% of the photos in focus. Very rarely will I use mirror lock up, live view or a remote, I only really ever use those techniques with astro photos.

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back