• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Longridge Fell (1 Viewer)

Couldn`t agree more- an amazing place! i`ve always put it down to the understandable sensitivity around certain species?

cheers

just a thread would do.....some species are sensitive but they are being wiped out by people in the game industry allegedly.....many raptor watchers in the dunsop valley today......i just saw the common ones....no surprises

Last edited:
Thanks Frank. This is just what I was looking for as I'm thinking of doing this trip by public transport tomorrow. How arduous was the walk from Longridge, and where did you see the Grouse?

Thanks Frank. This is just what I was looking for as I'm thinking of doing this trip by public transport tomorrow. How arduous was the walk from Longridge, and where did you see the Grouse?
Its quite a walk but i think you can get a bus from Preston to Hurst Green which might be a bit shorter but i haven't tried it , the Grouse were seen just after the Newdrop inn heading towards Clitheroe

Frank

Its quite a walk but i think you can get a bus from Preston to Hurst Green which might be a bit shorter but i haven't tried it , the Grouse were seen just after the Newdrop inn heading towards Clitheroe

Frank
The map says 4.1 miles from Longridge and 2 miles from Hurst Green to old clitheroe road where the Shrike is so you do the maths , i know where ill be going next time:t:
Frank

That's great, I had found the bus to the Halls Arms at Knowle Green that seemed a sensible option for approaching the Newdrop Inn ... And then someone with a Landrover offered to be chauffeur for the day! So we're off first thing. Shrike was seen again at 7.15 tonight so here's hoping

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back