• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

London Birding. (1 Viewer)

Black Redstarts

I appreciate this is considered to be somewhat sensitive, but its worth a bash.

Does anyone have any info. on the status of Black redstarts in London this year?
I was in the Blackfiars area this week, an area I know has had them in the recent past, so spent some time searching for them. I didnt see any but saw a Peregrine (assumed female by size) fly high over the area.

Does anyone have any tips on regular wintering sites? I know East India dock has been a good place.

Cheers
Gareth

Staines Reservoir pretty quiet this morning but got my first sighting of a Wheatear :)

A nice flock of Lapwing down there still, seems to grow a little each week.

Female Sparrowhawk on the pathway hiding behind a bush looking to pounce on something.

A lonely female Teal made it's appearance along with a handful of female Shoveler

A pair of Greenshank have been seen recently...it's only a matter of time before I see them for myself :)

Also the Black Tern's turned up again last week.

I appreciate this is considered to be somewhat sensitive, but its worth a bash.

Does anyone have any info. on the status of Black redstarts in London this year?
I was in the Blackfiars area this week, an area I know has had them in the recent past, so spent some time searching for them. I didnt see any but saw a Peregrine (assumed female by size) fly high over the area.

Does anyone have any tips on regular wintering sites? I know East India dock has been a good place.

Cheers
Gareth

Hi Gareth,
Not sure if you got anywhere with this - but I noticed the following a few weeks go...

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=148845&highlight=black+redstart

Hi there and a happy new year to all,

just to let everyone know that I am doing a 2010 Surrey year list.

I last had a go in 2002 when I reached 191 and I think it would be hard to beat that but I'll give it a go.

Although I usually get news on anything scarce or rare in Surrey or London, I'd would appreciate any info that's going. Obviously I will forward any important news received but will use disgression where necessary.

Work is nearly finished on re-shaping the main and southern lake at Beddington which we hope will attract even more birds this year.

I will keep a record of my travels here:

http://surreybirding.blogspot.com/

My contact details are here:

http://www.diporglory.co.uk/page6.html

Good birding to all in 2010

Hi there

Anyone visited Alexandra Park recently

Had a brief walk through the area yesterday while visiting Alexandra Palace (visit to an exhibition)

Anything of interest at all? Love to hear about it :-O

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back