• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LG G4 / Kowa 823 /Baader Hyperion zoom (1 Viewer)

mayoayo

Recently bought an old LG G4 for a low price,based on reviews i read about the camera when the phone was launched.My current phone,a quite basic Huawei ,its just ok,but wanted to try the G4,and since I had the chance ,bought it..I have got mixed results,since in some lights I see a lot of CA, but reviewing some pictures i took last week,I am pleased with the results.Here is a sample,about 60-70 m away, zoom to 45 with the eyepiece and a bit of digital zoom on the phone too...not bad i would say..20201205_162608~3_copy_1778x1195.jpg

Ill post a few more samples of this combo but..what other old phones with good cameras could you reccomend?..a few years old phone like the G4 can be found really cheap,and might be better optically than more modern models with less developed cameras
.Another shot of the same afternoon,a bit more zoom in the scope 20201205_161750.jpg

Sorry..last one was 60x but not fully digital zoom..this one is 60x/X5..Still decent quality for what it is..20201121_164426.jpg

You have to be kidding me? You mean my old spare phone (LG G4) is actually good for something other than my kid watching YouTube videos on it. Nice pictures by the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back