• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold SX-2 ALPINE HD 20-60X80MM or VORTEX DIAMONDBACK® HD 20-60X85 ? (2 Viewers)

thag89

Norway
Hi :)

Any experience between these two spotting scopes?

Leupold SX-2 ALPINE HD 20-60x 85mm
sx-2_alpine_hd_60x80_180144_p-1.png
Vortex Diamondhead 20-60x85mm
603ca65bcbfe9bbc0f13e8fec73d95f3-image.jpeg

Anyone know if the eye pieces are any "forgiving" with regards to eye postion etc?

Going to have it installed in my livingroom.

Any other thought with regards to these scopes is much appriciated😊

Cheers from Norway!

Hi and welcome,

Don't know about the scopes, but you need good double or triple glazing to use 60x through window.
If there are separate double and single glazed panels try each to see which gives the best image.
Find the best bit of glass.

Opening the window at minus 15C outside and 20C indoors is not a good idea.

Unless you let the living room cool down to the outside temperature with all windows and doors open.

I use larger scopes than these two indoors through good double glazing at up to 100x, but most of my windows only take about 50x.
One should observe at right angles to the window.

The hotel I stayed in in Norway had a thick knotted rope from the 6th floor as the fire escape.
One climbed down the rope on the outside of the building.
Tough folks in Norway.

Regards,
B.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back