• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Langford Lowfields (1 Viewer)

brianfm

Botanical Birder
A few years ago I looked at a book by Michael Warren, wildlife artist, who had put together paintings done in what appeared to be the beginnings of a nature reserve at Langford Lowfields, Nottinghamshire. It looked to have good potential and I wonder if this area falls on any BF members patch who could bring me up to date as to how development has progressed?

Brian

Langford Lowfields is an area of old Gravel Workings close to the River Trent just north of Newark - I believe the ultimate aim is for it to be managed into a huge inland reedbed to attract Bitterns (Well its being managed by the RSPB - so what else could it be ;) ) but on my last visit it was just a good area of Gravel Workings, there are breeding LRPs and last year I saw a Pec Sand - don`t visit to often though so I would imagine it was becoming more vegatated and mature...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back