• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers In Cumbria (1 Viewer)

123szm

Alcedo atthis
Hi can anyone advise me of locations in Cumbria where I will be able to observe Kingfishers.
If you could give precise details including directions that would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Depends where you are in Cumbria.

If you are in the south Lakes I would recommend going down to Leighton Moss. I know it's in Lancashire but you can get good views of Kingfishers from most hides, especially Eric Morecambe, Griesdale and Lillian's.

If you want to stay strictly in Cumbria then walking along the lower Kent anywhere from Sedgwick to Kendal will usually pick up a brief glimpse. This time of year when they are dispursed from the nesting sites they can be seen on all large sections of most rivers outside of towns.

I've seen one once at Wilf's Cafe in Stavely! You can sit outside eat your lunch and watch the river.

Mono

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back