• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kenya - Tsavo NP and East Coast (1 Viewer)

GMS

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a species list of the Tsavo National Park and the coastal area around Mombasa or old trip reports specific to this area. This is in preparation for an upcoming holiday (beach + safari).

There are many trip reports on the net but they cover much wider areas. Although this is not going to be a 'birding-holiday' there's a potential of several hundred new species (I've never birded Africa before - apart fomr Tunisia and Egypt) and I want to prepare as well as I can. With the vast number of species present I would like to focus on the birds that are likely to occur in area decribed above and don't want to waste time and energy preparing for species I will not be able to see/don't occur there.
I've got the Zimmerman birdguide (which looks very good) but the distribution maps are not really helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated.

GMS said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a species list of the Tsavo National Park and the coastal area around Mombasa or old trip reports specific to this area. This is in preparation for an upcoming holiday (beach + safari).

There are many trip reports on the net but they cover much wider areas. Although this is not going to be a 'birding-holiday' there's a potential of several hundred new species (I've never birded Africa before - apart fomr Tunisia and Egypt) and I want to prepare as well as I can. With the vast number of species present I would like to focus on the birds that are likely to occur in area decribed above and don't want to waste time and energy preparing for species I will not be able to see/don't occur there.
I've got the Zimmerman birdguide (which looks very good) but the distribution maps are not really helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi. Have you read my report on Birdtours from October? This covers a number of your questions.

Get back to me if you need anything more specific.

Cheers Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back