• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just received a 10x42L (1 Viewer)

Hi all

I already own the 12x36 iii canons and recently upgraded to the 14x32 version.

I didn't like them one bit the eyecups and eye relief were awful especially for a glasses wearer like myself.

The 12x36 iii,s let in way more light then the 14x32 and was better in picking out details of a bird especially feathers etc.

The buttons and handling of the 14x32 was awful the buttons are tiny.

So i decided to keep my trusty 12x36 canon's and return the 14x32,s.

I took a drive up to the shop I bought them from last Saturday and returned them. The gentleman in the shop asked me if I had tried the 10x42 versions and showed me a pair and very kindly allowed me to compare them against the 14x32 and my own 12x36 versions.

The 10x42,s are simply amazing I love everything they offer the eyecups are twist up and are amazing. The eye relief is brilliant while wearing my glasses. Superb FOV and lots more light through the bigger objective lenses.

I love the bigger is button and focus wheel very easy to locate even when wearing gloves.

The close focus is incredible and to be honest the extra weight compared to the 12x36 iii is fine for me.

I couldn't see a great deal of difference between 12x magnification compared to 10x magnification if I'm honest maybe it has something to do with how much more light the 10x42,s let in

So you guessed it I paid the difference and walked away with a brand new pair of 10x42 canon's the last ones in the shop.

My wife has now relived me of my 12x36 iii,s and I'm over the moon with my new purchase.

Cheers Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back