• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

International Dawn Chorus Day (1 Viewer)

I was up at 04.30ish. In the perfectly still conditions ( quite rare in Ireland ) from my house, the blackbird chorus was electric drowning out other early bird risers song thrushes, robins and wrens. By 5.15 the blackbird chorus was less intense so it was easier to pick up on other birds. I love this time of year ( when the weather behaves ) listening to birdsong.

Si.

I wanted to do it, but I forgot. But I listened to the dawn chorus the next day and it was nice. It featured noisy miners, Australian magpies, pied currawongs, rainbow lorikeets and Australian ravens.

This was the Dawn Chorus as broadcast on RTE RADIO 1 as broadcast on Sunday 5th May 2024. This annual live broadcast has been cut back in recent years. As this annual live broadcast used to have the Dawn Chorus from other countries across Europe as well as further afield worldwide. But now through the night UK time music is now broadcast with the Dawn Chorus broadcast from one or two places in Ireland
This was how RTE Radio 1 used to broadcast the annual dawn chorus every year. But for the last 5 the annual live throgh the night broadcast has been cut back. I’m guessing it’s will be the financial situation, where RTE Radio has had to make cuts in recent years just as the BBC has had to make cuts as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back