• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info Lofoten (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

this summer, my girlfriend and I are planning to go Norway and Sweden. Not too much birding, because we're backpacking (and I don't want to annoy my girlfriend with too much birding :p ). We will visit Oslo, Bergen and the Sognefjord (Flam) and then go for a very long train trip from Bergen via Oslo and Trondheim to Fauske/Bodö. The next day we want to take the Bodö - Moskenes ferry and my idea was to go to Vaeroy for some birding. We will arrive there end of July (between the 25th and the 31st), so hows birding there and which species to expect? I don't expect the big numbers, where too late for that i guess and I've been to Runde before, so I've already seen the large numbers of Puffin. I'm hoping for more special nordic species, maybe Brünnich's Guillemot, but I don't know wether it breeds there (according to Collin's Birdguide it must be possible). Are there any other specialities on Vaeroy or other places on the Lofoten Islands?
If anyone has suggestions, I will be very thankful to hear from anyone.

best birding!

Redmar Woudstra
Groningen, Holland

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back