• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

info birding Morocco and Western Sahara (1 Viewer)

jurek

Switzerland
Hello,

We are preparing a bird and mammal trip, and need some info:

- What is the earliest time of the year when Eleonora Falcons at Essaouira and Atlas Flycatcher at Azrou are guaranteed? Is 25.April too early?

- How to contact Association Nature Initiative in Western Sahara for a trip for Sudan Golden Sparrows? The email at their facebook site doesn't answer. Do they speak English?

- Any mammal info at Morocco especially chance for gazelles and Aoudad or maned sheep would be welcome.

- Any bat roosts near the well traveled route?

- Did anybody try for Double-spurred Francolin away from the spot at King Palace Sidi Yahya Zaer? Especially, anybody tried the site between Ain el Aouda and Had el Brachoua outside Rabat, where Moroccan birders had 20 in 2009? Is the place free entry?
http://morocco.observation.org/soor...3.732236171354,&to=2015-04-06&from=1986-04-18

- Was Andalucian Hemipode/Small Buttonquail seen in 2014-15? With no recent success, we are tempted to skip the place.

In 2011, I only had a single male Atlas Flycatcher at Azrou on 28 April, but at least ten Eleonora's Falcons at Essaouira two days later. So I think you should be OK for the falcons on the 25th, but for the flycatcher I would try to be a bit later.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back