• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hurghada advice. (1 Viewer)

I arrived in hurghada two days ago, and i was looking forward to seeing lots of new birds.But there is bearley any birds, neither along the water or in the hotel gardens.Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Whereabouts in Hurghada are you? I went there last year so might have some info depending where you are staying.

Yes we were further south at a hotel where the shoreline was more productive. There are Sooty Gulls at the Marina in Hurghada though. And terns passing although I don't think you can access a decent vantage point for.the sea from the marina itself (security folks).

If you can find some decent shoreline like El Gouna then you might get species like we did at Jaz Aquamarine: Striated Heron, Western Reef Egret, Slender billed Gull, Brown Booby, White eyed Gull, Greater Sand Plover or Kentish Plover. If you wanted to use an excellent taxi firm to get you somewhere then HurghadaDrivers are 10/10. We just used them last week.

if you are on Facebook then you could take a look at the great birding work Georgina Cole does in and around El Gouna. Georgina lives in EG. Hoping you don’t mind Georgina 😎

Please get back to us with your thoughts and sightings, along with any updates re the carrying (or not) of optics.

Last edited:
Are they cheaper than the blue and orange cabs?
If you can find some decent shoreline like El Gouna then you might get species like we did at Jaz Aquamarine: Striated Heron, Western Reef Egret, Slender billed Gull, Brown Booby, White eyed Gull, Greater Sand Plover or Kentish Plover. If you wanted to use an excellent taxi firm to get you somewhere then HurghadaDrivers are 10/10. We just used them last week.

Are they cheaper than the blue and orange cabs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back