• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Does It Fit? (3 Viewers)

MikeThrower

Hi Guys

I have a Swarovski 80 with 20/60 zoom eye piece. I want to try digiscoping, I haven't bought a camera yet but may go for the Sony DSCW7. If this is the camera for me, can anyone give me details on how to fit it to my scope? Has anybody out there got this combination? Would love comments please.

Cheers.

Mike T :t:

Try the Swarovski DCB adapter - very smart bit of kit that will do the job very well. That said it does cost £200+ and there are much cheaper options out there, such as the Baader universal adapter which is only £30.

MikeThrower said:
Hi Guys

I have a Swarovski 80 with 20/60 zoom eye piece. I want to try digiscoping, I haven't bought a camera yet but may go for the Sony DSCW7. If this is the camera for me, can anyone give me details on how to fit it to my scope? Has anybody out there got this combination? Would love comments please.

Cheers.

Mike T :t:

Hi Mike,
As Hanno has suggested, you can get someone to make something up for relatively low cost, certainly far cheaper than the Swarovski item. You may find this thread useful.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=3583
There's a description of my own setup using a W12 in there. There's a few others in the digiscoping adaptors sub forum that you may like to read.

It shouldn't be too difficult to take your scope and camera along to a local engineering company/machine shop and get them to make you something up. Before you spend any money at all, you can have a go by just hand-holding the camera to the eyepiece. Adaptors make things a lot easier, but you can learn the basics without one. It helps if you are half human, half octopus though.

Duncan.

And here, in pictures, is my set-up. Pretty basic, but considerably cheaper than the Swarovski set-up.

Cheers,

Hanno

Attachments

• Digi_Adapter 001a.jpg
    Digi_Adapter 001a.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Digi_Adapter 002a.jpg
    Digi_Adapter 002a.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Digi_Adapter 003a.jpg
    Digi_Adapter 003a.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Digi_Adapter 004a.jpg
    Digi_Adapter 004a.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Digi_Adapter 005a.jpg
    Digi_Adapter 005a.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 204
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back