• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hobby colouration (1 Viewer)

BenjiS

Ginga Ninja
England
I saw this hobby yesterday (05/09/23)
It seems good for Hobby, except for the lack of orange underparts - I can't see anything about a hobby without orange underparts
Is it just a young one, or is it just a strange aberration - or a completely different species (although I doubt this!)
I also don't think it was the light in the photo's as it was observed to have no orange in the field

TIA

(P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread/group, I wasn't sure where to put it!)

Attachments

• Hobby 1.jpg
    Hobby 1.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Hobby 2.jpg
    Hobby 2.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 32
  • Hobby 3.jpg
    Hobby 3.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 32
Excellent seeing them still around at this time of year, I had one on weekend walking from home, may be my last till next year so it was a rare treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back