• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hisaronu - End of June (1 Viewer)

EK_Birds

Morning everyone ;)

As the title says, going to Hisaronu at the end of June for a week.

Anything in particular to keep an eye out for ?

Hi,

I stayed in Hisaronu last year in June. I used the 'Gosney' guide, and walked up the Babadag mountain road early in the mornings. Ruppell's warbler were easy there, and often not far up the road past the last houses. Someone else posted recently that Kruper's nuthatch seem to occur with long-tailed tits, and that was my experience as well. I climbed until the road took a sharp bend right and there was a clearing in the trees so you can see the mountainside to your left. There were several Kruper's nuthatch in the trees around this area. I also saw a long-legged buzzard and short-toed eagle from there. Kayakoy village is easy to get to by dolmus, and very peaceful early in the morning. Loads of new birds there for me - roller, woodchat shrike, black-eared wheatear, as well as little owl and more common birds. If you have access to a car, take the Gosney guide and visit Dalyan, or Patara, or the Korkutelli hills. We liked it so much we're going back there in early June, this time staying in Kalkan.

Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks for the replies on this topic, much appreciated.

Will check the website just before I leave, and will of course post an update on my return.

Very poor photos may even accompany the post ha ha.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back