• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi. My name is Kellie. I’m from Georgia. (1 Viewer)

Kelliewood

United States
I have a situation and I’m not really sure how to handle it. My husband and I are headed to Florida and we’ve found a birds nest under the hood of my jeep. It’s in a place that cannot be reached and there are 2 eggs in it. My jeep is my daily driver so I’m not sure when or how these sneaky little birds built the nest in the first place. Will the eggs be okay because they have obviously been riding with me!!!

Welcome to Birdforum.

Do you have a different car you can use? If you drive the Jeep, the eggs will not be okay.

I have a situation and I’m not really sure how to handle it. My husband and I are headed to Florida and we’ve found a birds nest under the hood of my jeep. It’s in a place that cannot be reached and there are 2 eggs in it. My jeep is my daily driver so I’m not sure when or how these sneaky little birds built the nest in the first place. Will the eggs be okay because they have obviously been riding with me!!!
Leave them alone the mother or father will follow the car a and move the babies if they feel they are threatened. If you touch them they abandon the eggs or kill the babies.

Hi Kellie and welcome to BirdForum. Would it be too expensive to see if a mechanic could get to the area where they are? You don't even know if they are still vibrant.

Hi Kellie, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back