• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Northern Colorado (1 Viewer)

Ondine

Hello everyone. My name is Ondine and I'm in northern Colorado. My interest in birds started in college while taking an ornithology elective. When I bought my house this summer I wanted two things... a garden and bird feeders. I got both, but a late July hail storm demolished my garden (my car, my roof, my trees). I still had the feeders.

I'm not a "nature" girl, so to say, who likes to go out hiking. My interest in birding is much more simple. I simply love to watch the birds in my feeders outside my window. I love seeing what species I can attract in. I'm getting more and more. And sometimes I have to laugh at how much it's like a school yard when the birds show up.

Compared to how many of you travel and seriously go out and look for birds I probably won't have much to offer. But I'm here because I love my little birds outside my window. But I look forward to reading more and sharing more as time goes by.

Thank you, all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site... feel free to join in where ever you wish.
best regards,
Andy

Hi ya Ondine and a warm welcome to you from me in Myrtle Beach ;)

There are so many of us that bird through our windows and back porches so you'll fit right in here and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Hi Ondine and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

A lot of my birding is watching the garden birds, particularly my window feeder activity, as I'm in an upstairs flat.

Hi Ondine just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. We have a lot of people on the forum who are primarily or solely backyard birders, you will fit right in.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back