• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hanchurch Woods (1 Viewer)

noble-lite

Any locals able to clarify the car parks at HW please. I will be in the area later this week and hopefully look for the shrike, but reports mention high and low car parks. I can only see one on the OS map. Clarification with any directions to walk would be appreciated please.

the high car park, is the main car park, opposite the cottage on your right, which incidentally looks like a builders yard, the shrike was seen today along the track directly behind the cottage, the low car park is a little further down the lane , which is basically a large pull-in area , directly opposite a large gateway leading to the track where the shrike was seen originally
regards

Thanks for the info. Am i right in thinking that access is from the A519 just south of the M6 Junction 15, just after the A519 goes under the motorway ?

Thanks for the info. Am i right in thinking that access is from the A519 just south of the M6 Junction 15, just after the A519 goes under the motorway ?

That's right you take the road on your right after just passing under the motorway opposite a black and white house, the "upper" car park is on your left immediately on the brow of the hill with the woodsman cottage on your right.
The "lower" car park is on your left further on along the road, it's more of a muddy pull in than a car park though.

With both locations the Shrike has been on the opposite area from where you park.

Tim.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back