• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Cyprus (1 Viewer)

pioannid

Hi from Cyprus,
I love nature but I'm a beginner when it comes to birdwatching equipment.
If anyone needs any help on the subject of birdwatching in Cyprus, I can try and help.
A happy new year to all.
Ciao
pioannid

Hi Pioannid

Welcome to Bird Forum! Very good to have you with us. I went to Cyprus once and had a great time. I wasn't into bird watching then, so I probably missed out on a marvellous opportunity!

Regarding bird watching equipment, you will find lots of experts on this site who can help you. If you want to get into digiscoping, ask Andy Bright. They will all say it's about personal preference and how much you can afford.

Regarding binoculars, I have the Swarovski EL 8.5 x 40, which I find superb, especially for spotting and tracking a bird in flight, and also in poor light conditions.

anyway, once you start taking photographs, do post them on the site. And if ever I go back to Cyprus it would be nice to do some birding with you!

Best wishes.

This is the most International place I have been and it is wonderful. Welcome to you in Cypress from me in Canada!!!

Hi pioannid,

Welcome to Birdforum. I'm glad to see you found your way back again.

We moved your thread as really it stands on it's own in the Say Hello forum.

I can't see me making it to Cyprus this year, but it's an island that I'd certainly like to visit at sometime in the future. I may just take you up on your offer and get in touch as to the best birding sites to visit.

I hope that you find plenty to interest you in the site and that you will keep us updated about the birds in your part of the Mediterranean.

See you around :t:

Hi Pioannid
I have fond memories of Cyprus. You have some lovely birds. I remember watching dozens of flamingoes - a spectacular sight.

Hi Pioannid
Welcome to the forum. I have managed Crete so far and am going to Lesvos in 2003, so you never know I may get to Cyprus soon!

burhinus

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back