• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grasshopper warbler on my local patch! (1 Viewer)

RockyRacoon

I was walking the dog this morning and could hear a Grasshopper warbler singing in the undergrowth. Hopefully I'll check it out tonight...

Jake Apps said:
I was walking the dog this morning and could hear a Grasshopper warbler singing in the undergrowth. Hopefully I'll check it out tonight...

I checked it out and heard someone apparently saw it singing from a perch for a few minutes just before I got there. I waited for 2 hours by where it was singing from, but it did not appear...v :C

Locustella naevia is common in Finland, but this year Locustellas seem to have some kind of an invasion, at least my corners: naevias and fluviatilises commoner as previous years, and also several luscinioideses in S Finland.

Karwin said:
Locustella naevia is common in Finland, but this year Locustellas seem to have some kind of an invasion, at least my corners: naevias and fluviatilises commoner as previous years, and also several luscinioideses in S Finland.

Hi Karwin, you are lucky to have Grasshopper warblers, Locustella naevia, common. The one on the local patch moved on this morning, my local patch can be a gem sometimes, even a maybe firecrest way back!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back