• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden pheasants? (1 Viewer)

peteraley

We are staying in n.wales in aug and my son wants to see Golden Pheasants (well hes only 12!!). Any advicev / sites? any other tips on birding in the area at that time of year?

Pete aley

Golden pheasants are not a native species and are usually kept in aviaries, so I'm afraid your son will be disappointed if he thinks he will see them in the wild.
You could try googling to see if there are any zoos/bird collections in that area if his heart is set on seeing one. They are certainly very beautiful.

Golden pheasants are not a native species and are usually kept in aviaries, so I'm afraid your son will be disappointed if he thinks he will see them in the wild.
You could try googling to see if there are any zoos/bird collections in that area if his heart is set on seeing one. They are certainly very beautiful.

You're correct in that they are not native but small pockets do exist in the UK including Anglesy, Norfolk and South Downs. I've tried many times at Wolferton triangle without much joy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back