• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gill Osborne's 2007 Year List (1 Viewer)

Wednesday, 4th April
Gilcrux, Cumbria

98: Tawny Owl *hooting outside our caravan at 3.50am - couldn't see it even though it seemed to be in the trees directly next to our caravan* :t:

Thursday, 12th April
A1, halfway between Morpeth & Alnwick!

101: Swallow ~ two chasing each other over hedgerows by side of road. Fabulous to see them back! :t:

Thursday, 19th April
East Chevington, Northumberland

102: Hooded Crow
103: Sand Martin
104: Swift
105: Black-tailed Godwit
106: Sandwich Tern

Druridge Bay, Northumberland

107: Willow Warbler

Saturday, 5th May
Alnwick, Northumberland

109: Blackcap

This chap has been giving me the run-around since last Sunday!!! Ok, ok, I should know the song of this species BUT I do get a tad rusty on songs over the winter and my bird song cd is out on loan :'D

Thursday, 17th May
Cresswell Pond, Northumberland.

110: Sedge Warbler
111: Wheatear

Druridge Bay Pools

112: Curlew Sandpiper * Lifer No. 187 * :loveme:

East Chevington

113: Whitethroat
114: Arctice Tern
115: Little Gull
116: Common Tern

Last edited:
Monday, 28th May
Druridge Pools, Northumberland

117: Ringed Plover
118: Cuckoo *first time heard in over two years and SEEN in over twenty!!!* :clap:

Tuesday, 29th May
Cresswell Pond, Northumberland

119: Lesser Scaup * Lifer No. 188 * :loveme:

Druridge Bay, Northumberland

120: Gannet

East Chevington, Northumberland

121: Spoonbill

Sunday, 3rd June
Wallington, Northumberland

122: Jay

This chap just EXPLODED from a roadside hedge as we drove by and my first impression was the sheer colour of him! Stunning bird :clap:

Tuesday, 5th June
Beda Hills, Rowlands Gill, Tyne & Wear

123: Yellowhammer
124: Red Kite* Lifer No. 189 * :loveme:

Last edited:
Friday,8th June
Harthope Valley,Northumberland

125: Whinchat

No sign of Red Grouse *they don't exist!!!!!* or Ring Ouzel..........though, it must be said, I didn't go up the Hawsen Burn. Had two Raven flying overhead and cronking - my first in Northumberland! Magic birds!!! :clap:

Tuesday,19th June
Hauxley NR, Northumberland

128: Little Egret * Lifer No. 191 * :loveme:

129: Puffin

The sea off Hauxley was ALIVE with birds - predominantly puffins, guillemots, gannets and various terns.
Chuffed to bits about seeing the Egret as it's been one of my birding ambitions to *finally* catch up with one :t:

What a great day.........what a great HOBBY!!!!! o:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back