• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

getting to Cuc Phuong (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
In 3 weeks or so we're going to be in Hanoi trying to get to Cuc Phuong. It would help to know the answers to a couple of questions. (Hanno or anyone?)

Do we need to sort out permits in advance or can we get them when we arrive at Cuc Phuong ?

What would be the cheapest way of getting to park ?

Thanks for any advice,

Larry

Hi Larry,

You can sort out everything at the entrance to the park. Do NOT go on a weekend! The cheapest way would be to go by public bus to Ninh Binh, then try and organize a car or motorbike to the park entrance. From there you can organize another car to take you to Bong sub-station.

Personally, I have never bothered, always rented a car from Ha Noi. More information on my web site.

Thanks Hanno, we'll try and get there as you suggested . Looking forward to checking out your website more when I've got more time.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back