• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2024 (14 Viewers)

At this morning:

#48. Willow Warbler - at least 2 birds singing in garden (or neighbors garden)
#49. Black-throated Diver - Flock of 19 fly over heading NE
#50. White-fronted Goose - few in flock of Barnacles heading NE. Flock of B-Geese goes like every 10 or 15 minutes

So the Arctic Migration has started with it's full force. Sadly I have to go working trip for next 9 days.

Goldcrest finally chirped up yesterday afternoon and I didn't realise I hadn't recorded it for the garden this year. It used to be a January bird but the Leylandii hedge at the end of our terrace has been chopped down: Coal Tit is another loser from that.

61. Goldcrest 13/5

I heard a juvenile Tawny Owl begging yesterday evening so they are breeding nearby (and having registered it I realised I'd been hearing and ignoring it for at least two or three days - whoops!)

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back