• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Fungus? (1 Viewer)

Have they got dark purpley stem and purple cast to cap?
I took the pik 14 Oct and 19 days later, today went to look again and they've gone. The only detail was in the pik which is bleached white buttons, hence I've no answer to your question, but thanks for your response Butty.

Google lilac bonnet Mycena pura and see what you think.
These are some I found in Cambridgeshire, UK, 17 Oct - in mixed woodland.
2021-10-17-15-43-51-567.jpg2021-10-17-15-41-13-017.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many varieties of white mushrooms. One is extremely toxic and deadly so until you know for sure be careful around them.

I've looked up the Mycena pura, my overall feeling is that they look bigger than those in the garden. Appreciate your help Butty.

Thanks for the caution FC.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back