• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frontier APO (1 Viewer)

I've just noticed these pop up, the specs look pretty impressive relative to the price. Certainly better looking than those new Swaro's!

Hello dwatsonbirder.

I noticed these new APO's too, whilst scrolling through binoculars online this evening. Obviously no reviews yet. But they do have a similar spec to the EDX's but with different glass. It will be interesting see what the reviews are when they are tested, I have the EDX's 8x42 and absolutely love them.

If the optical quality is as good as Hawke say, and the globe effect is suppressed, should be amazing value for money.

Seems to be from the same design (and basic manufr.?) source as the Kowa BDii-XD and Kite Lynx-HD but with field flattening. The apparent-field-of-view figures by Hawke are overstated (calculated for a spherical field).

Please inform in BF if you see reviews soon elsewhere, thanks, and I will do that too!

Last edited:
If the optical quality is as good as Hawke say, and globe effect is suppressed, should be amazing value for money.

Seems to be the from the same design (and basic manufr.?) source as the Kowa BDii-XD and Kite Lynk-HD but with field flattening. The apparent-field-of-view figures by Hawke are overstated (calculated for a spherical field).

Please inform in BF if you see reviews soon elsewhere, thanks; I will do that too!

That's interesting and as you say they would be great value for money. Will do as soon as I find a review.

Dang, those 10x look really nice in terms of specifications. I've never gotten a chance to look at Hawke's products but I would certainly like to test those out.

Justin

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back