• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flashlight, Surefire P2X Fury: any thought? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I am about to buy a flashlight. I read the various interesting birdforum threads about the topic and did some personal research.
(thanks for describing how to not blind the animals and reduce the disturb, more are welcome)

However I never found anybody advising the Surefire P2X Fury.
It seems small but powerfull, anybody uses it?
It uses weird batteries but other then that seems great.

I narrow down my choice to the SureFire, the Fenix LD41 slightly bigger and led Lenser P7,2. The latter one has enthusiastic costumers reviews but somehow s considered inferior from the top class by the experts.

Thanks for any advice,
have a nice day

pietro

Not sure what your reference sources are, but the Surefire gets extraordinarily good reviews on Amazon(US).
The only beefs are price, that it gets hot if left on high power for more than a few minutes and the absence of a clip, so it rolls on a flat surface. I think you cannot go far wrong with any of the options you present.

123A dont leak acid, they do explode on occasion (very rarely, but it happens) AA is easy to find, sometimes they leak.

Surefire is good, Fenix is good.

500 lumens would be nearly useless for me unless using it for some defensive purpose. I would be inclined to go with the Fenix on run time alone.

Lenser, I got nothing. Never tried one.

I have got an LED Lender P7 and headtorch. Great pieces of kit, considerably cheaper than Fenix but not quite in the same league technically. Depends on what you are doing, for a general step up from standard lights then go with The lenser, but if technically superiority is your thing then splash out. Unless you really pull the performances to pieces would have to say for the average person the LED lender is best.

I have or have had several Surefire lights. I can tell you they are worth every penny! I had the tail switch go out on one, I called Surefire and asked them if I needed to send the light back? The gentleman said no, asked me for my address and I had a replacement at my door in a day. I use one daily in my job. I have used Sreamlight, Fenix and Blackhawk and none of them touch the Surefire lights.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back