• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finnair Helsinki- Ivalo (1 Viewer)

Rene1958

I’m flying London-Helsinki-Ivalo this June to photograph waders etc around the Varangerfjord, mainly Ekkeroy area.

Finnair has hand luggage restrictions at 8kg which is pretty low. My camera kit is around 10.5kg.

Has anyone recently flown with Finnair incl internal flights and could them me if they are checking weight etc before boarding.
Thanks
Rene de Heer

I'd wear a fisherman's waistcoat or similar mass of pockets and offload bins, the odd camera body and some short lenses or other kit into that with a coat over it. You ought to be able to save more than a couple of kg that way.

John

I fly regularly with FinnAir, most recently in December and January - I have never had them weigh hand baggage, but they will check for size if it looks too big.

Generally FinnAir is okay, but they have gone significantly down in standards in the last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back