• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eurasian Tree Sparrow (1 Viewer)

scodger

Hi

I'm interested to learn more about the status of Eurasian Tree Sparrow in New Zealand but I'm not having much success, I know one introduction was unsuccessful, but does it occur today anywhere

I'd be grateful if anyone can direct me to any further details, learned papers or publications which will give a deeper insight in this species in this area.

Regards

David

http://www.treesparrows.com

there are no tree sparrows in New Zealand, only house sparrows.

According to John Long "The Introduced Birds Of The World" (1981), there were three introductions to NZ: two birds in Otago (southern South Island) in 1868, three birds in Auckland also in 1868, and nine birds in Auckland in 1871. They did not establish and there were no further introductions.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back