• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ebird hacked? (1 Viewer)

Occasionally I see that in certain circumstances. I think it is just a bug. You just have to reselect English as the language.

Problem seemingly solved by clicking the little globe icon on the top right of the page and selecting English from the drop down menu.

Weird... I have a similar problem with my Tom Tom SatNav in the car. When I select Favourites it gives me that keyboard.... not found a way to get rid of it, so I'm using the Garmin which I've had for years.

It started last year about this time.

It has been hacked: they changed my Bornean Swiftlet at Timpohon gate into Plume-toed Swiftlet...! By lack of photos (it was a very misty morning) and a good description, I fear it's a minus 1 on the road to 11.000 (the new 10.000).

I wonder if Peter K. got the same changes and if he can still count B. Swiftlet...! :D

I think it happens after you view a different language version of eBird (as via a search engine), and, then, when you try to open eBird the usual way, some cookies remember the settings from your previous visit. What one can do is either change the language in the main menu or clean the cookies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223-185214_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223-185214_Brave.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240223-185228_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223-185228_Brave.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back