• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dungeness Birding (1 Viewer)

alle

Hi All,

Whats Dungeness like these days, is it worth visiting at this time of year? I am working in Ashford on Friday, and I thought I might pop down an take a look over the weekend?

Thanks

John

I'm down there most weekends and my grandad was down there yesterday and added three species to his year list!! Dungeness is always worth a visit. Currenty four Gargany present and most of the summer migrants have arrived with Hobby showing well for my grandad yesturday. There is also the possibility of a rarity at this time of year particularly - I had Red backed Shrike last weekend and Gull-billed Tern at this time last year. There was a Temminks Stint present until yesturday atleast.

Deffinatly worth a visit.

Paul

Dungeness

Been a bit quiet of late since the Temminck`s on Monday.
Garganey showing regularly from ARC Pit and up to 6 Hobbies feeding on mayflies at Boulderwall.
Heavy rain and strong winds forcast tonight, so it may be grim on Friday.
Sea passage all but over.

troddy

www.plovers.co.uk

alle said:
Hi All,

Whats Dungeness like these days, is it worth visiting at this time of year? I am working in Ashford on Friday, and I thought I might pop down an take a look over the weekend?

Thanks

John

Thanks for the information, I think I'll still give it a go, still not seen Garganey for the year so it would be worth it just to see them!

Thanks again, John

troddy said:
Been a bit quiet of late since the Temminck`s on Monday.
Garganey showing regularly from ARC Pit and up to 6 Hobbies feeding on mayflies at Boulderwall.
Heavy rain and strong winds forcast tonight, so it may be grim on Friday.
Sea passage all but over.

troddy

www.plovers.co.uk

alle said:
Thanks for the information, I think I'll still give it a go, still not seen Garganey for the year so it would be worth it just to see them!

Thanks again, John

Hi,
Hope you got there yesterday as it was record breaking day with 40+ storm petrels and 3 balearic shearwaters. see www.dungenessbirdobs.org.uk for daily records.
Jono

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back