• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do you have experience with Leica warranty in USA/Canada? (1 Viewer)

Ted Y.

Forum member
Canada
From here:
1689478514229.png
This two seem contradictory to me: "No Receipt Required" and "Valid only on products purchased from authorized Leica dealers in USA or Canada".

How a client can prove the optics is purchased from authorized deal, other than a receipt? Especially if the client is not the first buyer.
Do you have any experience to share?

With the receipt, I would guess it requires the purchase to be registered online by the initial buyer at time of purchase for it the 'no receipt ' to be valid.

From here:
View attachment 1521050
This two seem contradictory to me: "No Receipt Required" and "Valid only on products purchased from authorized Leica dealers in USA or Canada".

How a client can prove the optics is purchased from authorized deal, other than a receipt? Especially if the client is not the first buyer.
Do you have any experience to share?
They presumably have a list of all the serial numbers that were imported through the authorized dealer network. You don't need to prove it because they already know.

This implies a second buyer has no warranty for the optics acquired from a first buyer who acquired from a dealer not having the status "authorized".

If so, not an encouragement to buy second hand. Some other manufacturers really don't ask questions for a transferable warranty.

Leica knows exactly where each serial number was sold. If it is a legitimate US item, you’ll have no issues. I’ve never registered a Leica optic in nearly 45 years of owning them and I’ve never had warranty issues. Gray market may be another issue…?
But really, why listen to third hand opinions in a forum? Google their ph no in NJ and call Leica. Provide a s/n and confirm item provenance. I’ve always gotten a real person on the phone and straight answers ;-)

1689546905378.jpeg

Last edited:
Leica USA will service any Leica product purchased anywhere in the world, the only question is what warranty was provided with the product depends on where it was purchased. I have some glass from Lisse in the Netherlands. Leica USA will service the glass if needed, under the Warranty period of 10 years.
I have only had very good experience with Leica Service and direct sales.

With the receipt, I would guess it requires the purchase to be registered online by the initial buyer at time of purchase for it the 'no receipt ' to be valid.
I believe this is correct. I have every Leica binocular I own(except the prior-owner ones)registered online. I'd like to add I've never used the Leica warranty except for replacement objective covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back