• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

currently working in Tokyo for a couple more weeks. not sure where to bird? (1 Viewer)

cassowary

I'm hoping to do some birding whilst in japan. It was literally a last minute work trip.
Anyway, currently I have managed to see 4 species. Hopefully I will see a few more before I leave. Anyway if you can recommend any place in particular around Tokyo or within weekend driving range please let me know

Why not visit Miyakejima? It can be done in one or two days: departure Friday night at Takeshiba Pier, return on Saturday afternoon (enough time to see the land birds, plus seawatching on the ferry) or on Sunday. All the birds may not be there in April, but many are. For details, see Cloudbirders trip reports for Izu Islands or Miyakejima.

Petri,

Good Idea, It looks like a number of birders are currently doing this trip; Looks like there are a few local places and a bit further away Mount Takao-san looks good for copper pheasant and other.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back