• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crested Myna!!!!! (1 Viewer)

canadagurl123

Well I went to Vancouver for the weekend and I when I was at my Grandma's I saw a Crested Myna at the side of the house. There's only a few hundred of these in Vancouver. They're a introduced species from South east Asia and Vancouver is the only place in North America where they have an established population. This is only the second time I've seen one. So i thought it was pretty cool.

Hi Canada,

Nice find - I imagine that there are a few birders who have put in a lot more effort to add that to their North American list than taking a trip to their grandmothers! Lucky you - Luke

Well I went to Vancouver for the weekend and I when I was at my Grandma's I saw a Crested Myna at the side of the house. There's only a few hundred of these in Vancouver. They're a introduced species from South east Asia and Vancouver is the only place in North America where they have an established population. This is only the second time I've seen one. So i thought it was pretty cool.

Crested Mynas were extirpated in Vancouver in February of 2003 so seeing one in 2005 would indicate a recent escape or a single bird overlooked by the Vancouver birding community. This sighting is very important if not incorrectly identified and should be reported to Wayne Weber or some other notable birder living in the city.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back