• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cowal Pennisula early July (1 Viewer)

Parryman1

I am staying for 3 days along Loch Long in July and would like to make the most of the area whilst there. We are staying with another couple so I cannot spend all day birding and nature watching.
First light for a few hours will be best for me whilst the others are asleep. Any tips and local knowledge for good chances of BoP, divers along with otters porpoise, dolphin would be appreciated. Is there a chance of basking shark anywhere further up the coast if I can get out for the day.
Thanks in advance

KARL

Many years ago I was driving through Inverary when a whale jumped out of the water. It turned out that there were two whales and a basking shark in Inverary bay.
So there"s hope.

Thanks for the replies. I'm a regular visitor to further up the West Coast so have experienced the midges before. We were planning a trip out towards Inverary so will keep my eyes open.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back