• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Could you film your garden squirrel visitors for the BBC? (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I'm a producer at the BBC Natural History Unit in Bristol where we're making a series on animal intelligence for BBC1 and the Discovery Channel.

We're keen on all kinds of intelligent behaviour and would consider using amateur footage that showcased something special but there's one sequence where working with a talented Birdforum member might be particularly helpful.

I appreciate the subject is controversial but we're keen to set up a series of 'squirrel proof' feeders in a garden where the squirrels may be particularly persistent in the hope of getting some impressive hi speed footage. Perhaps you enjoy their visits, have actively encouraged them or are currently engaged in an armed struggle we could assist with?

You may be a keen amateur camera person who we could help to film your squirrel visitors for the programme? Having attempted this before I know that having someone watching the squirrels on a regular basis, perhaps armed with a camera we supply can make all the difference. They can keep a close eye and modify the challenges depending on the squirrels abilities to get the best possible footage.

If any of this sounds of interest to you, or triggers any ideas please do get in touch. I'm very conscious that without the passion and enthusiasm of keen wildlife enthusiasts like yourselves we wouldn't be able to make many of the television programmes that we do.

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Simon B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back