• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coming to KL / Frasers Hill (1 Viewer)

jimmyjames

Hello,

I arrive on 30th March and am wondering if I am able to purchase Craig Robson field guide somewhere in KL?

Also, it would be useful if someone could provide me with any info on Fraser's Hill - accomodation / how to get there,

gratefully yours

James

Last edited:
Hi James,

Not sure where (if) you can buy a Robson in KL. You can buy Morten Strange's "Birds of Fraser's Hill" in FH itself - I saw it on sale at the Shazhan Hotel. It's not a complete guide though.

Getting to FH is getting difficult without a hire car. You can either take a bus to Kuala Kubu Baharu (KKB) from Puduraya bus station, or take the KMT commuter train to Rawang where you can change for KKB. However from their you will have to take a taxi or thumb a lift as I hear the twice daily bus service to FH and Raub has stopped running.

When you get to FH go to the FH Development office and ask for Mr.Durai. Durai is a knowledgeable local birder and will possibly give you a discount at the Puncak Inn (which is cheap anyway). Fairly good meals can be had at the Shazhan Hotel just down the street from the Puncak.

Might be worth contacting someone at the Malaysian Nature Society for more info. www.mns.org.my

Hi James
We had a nightmare trying to get a bus to FH from KL - we ended up getting a taxi all the way there which wasn't too bad a price - once we'd negotiated!! It seemed alot easier to get back to KL from there by bus. Stay at the Puncak, and best food was the restaurant at the far end - which had breeding Pygmy Wren-Babblers down the side of it!!
Ads

Hello,

I arrive on 30th March and am wondering if I am able to purchase Craig Robson field guide somewhere in KL?

Also, it would be useful if someone could provide me with any info on Fraser's Hill - accomodation / how to get there,

gratefully yours

James

hio james,

u could contact weng chun, our bf member and this is his website http://www.nature2pixel.com and email [email protected]

Hi James
We had a nightmare trying to get a bus to FH from KL - we ended up getting a taxi all the way there which wasn't too bad a price - once we'd negotiated!! It seemed alot easier to get back to KL from there by bus. Stay at the Puncak, and best food was the restaurant at the far end - which had breeding Pygmy Wren-Babblers down the side of it!!
Ads

thanks for pygmy wren-babbler, hope can see this when i go during the bird race :)

Thanks everyone.. Tigers? erm... yikes

So, I should hire a car - they better be cheap! Can't get a Robson - :( that's highly disappoionting as shall 100% need one.

I wonder, I wonder if anyone else wants to team up for a trip?

oh boy!!!

Robson is easy to buy in KL - go to any mall and go to the MPH bookstore (every mall has one). They cost about £13.

Getting to Fraser's is now even easier - the KTM Kommuter (train running every 15 minutes) goes as far as Kuala Kuba Bharu now, get this from KL Sentral in KL then get the connecting bus or hitch up to Fraser's Hill from here - only 40 minutes away.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back