• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cirl Buntings any help please (2 Viewers)

warrior1966

Hi i am coming down to Devon in mid May could anyone give any advice on catching up with Cirl Buntings it would be a first for me and my partner.thanks in advance Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other good suggestions but I have never failed to see Cirl Bunting at Berry Head near Paignton. Walking from the carpark on the headland follow the path a short way up the hill and as it flattens out that is where I usually see them, in the scrub but very visible or on the path.

Best of luck,

Owen

As John says its best not to disclose sites however RSPB have Labrador bay reserve which they openly advertise Cirl Buntings as being present

Cheers

Josh

As far as I'm concerned the presence of Cirl Bunting on Berry Head is open and common knowledge, even the RSPB provide this information.

Hi all sorry if i have ruffled any feathers,i am just looking for a quick look as totally understand the breeding issues.I had already looked up best places but was just after some local knowledge to try and speed up the process. Sorry again for trouble this seems to have caused.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back