• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron Nature DX (1 Viewer)

ohlookabirdie

love the birds!!!
Northern Ireland
Anyone have any experience with the Celestron 71330 Nature DX range? i'm considering the 8x32 or 10x32 models. amazon claims they have the same field of view which my limited understanding of binos seems to contradict (EDIT: Celectron's own website also contradicts amazon, they are not the same FoV). would love to hear from someone who's tried them for birdwatching.

here is the comparison table from amazon
1671830108389.png

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes, Celestron website cites a different FoV for the 10x32s. 5.8°, 101m@1000m, which sounds more valid.

I had a pair of these, but sold them a few months ago on eBay as I am doing a thin out of many bins; I still have the 8x42s.

At the price, these are good. Not sure there are many other roofs that would better them. Barr and Stroud Sierra and Helios Mistral WP6 are also similar (I have a 10x42 and 10x32 respectfully too ...... to be ebayed at some point too).

This website could be useful-

On BF many use optics much much more expensive and are based in the US with better prices/bigger range, so getting a balanced view of entry level bins is not straightforward.

With your location, you now also have a reduced selection with the EU border inside the UK. Amazon UK have also reduced the range available due to this issue, but are still a good bet for delivery.......at the moment, due to the grace period before full implementation.

Last edited:

On BF many use optics much much more expensive and are based in the US with better prices/bigger range, so getting a balanced view of entry level bins is not straightforward.

With your location, you now also have a reduced selection with the EU border inside the UK. Amazon UK have also reduced the range available due to this issue, but are still a good bet for delivery.......at the moment, due to the grace period before full implementation.
thank you, that site is very helpful! you have helped a lot with my decisions

Anyone have any experience with the Celestron 71330 Nature DX range? i'm considering the 8x32 or 10x32 models. amazon claims they have the same field of view which my limited understanding of binos seems to contradict (EDIT: Celectron's own website also contradicts amazon, they are not the same FoV). would love to hear from someone who's tried them for birdwatching.

here is the comparison table from amazon
View attachment 1485033
if you look at the specs for the 8x42 you'll notice that the magnification is given as 10x whereas the 10x32 is listed as 8x. The FOV and ER for the 8x42 are consistent with what you'd expect for a 10x32 and conversely those for the 10x32 look applicable to 8x42. It would seem that they.ve transposed the columns.

Is it?
If I read the small print at the bottom of the BBR website, I am not sure I fully trust them:
„….Best Binocular Reviews (BBR) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.ca, Amazon.es…..“
My guess is BBR will not be too critical about binoculars for which amazon places advertisements …..😳

Is it?
If I read the small print at the bottom of the BBR website, I am not sure I fully trust them:
„….Best Binocular Reviews (BBR) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.ca, Amazon.es…..“
My guess is BBR will not be too critical about binoculars for which amazon places advertisements …..😳
I reckon his reviews are fair and balanced and a good place to get an evaluation of a good range of bins.

Not every product reviewed is available on Amazon and I think the Amazon links are possibly a new addition. The whole www is built on affiliate links and advertising.....even BF and CN.

Someone looking for good entry level bins is presented with a large range of offerings. The difficulty is getting advice of what is suitable at a particular price band. On BF there is a different perspective due to most using Alpha's or Mid level.; It is common to see the recommendation to buy bins that are many times more expensive than the individual wants to spend.
Also, location is a significant factor. This op is in Northern Ireland (UK), so has more limited options, especially now that there are additional barriers getting items from GB.....some suppliers have simply stopped shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back