• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cannot identify this parakeet! (1 Viewer)

rssandeep

Hi,
Shot this one about 7:30 AM just beside the lake in Mysore, Karnataka, Southern part of India (12.271006659324756, 76.61240698363054)
I simply cannot place this one since none of the ones I know/photographed so far have such an yellow plumage!
Any ideas on what this one is...?

Apologies for the poor photo quality.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
Sandeep

Attachments

• P1240453.JPG
    P1240453.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • P1240457.JPG
    P1240457.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Looks fairly green to me... can't see a reason why it wouldn't be rose-ringed parakeet Psittacula krameri
Apparently there are captive breeds that are truly yellow, but this looks within normal variation to me.

Looks fairly green to me... can't see a reason why it wouldn't be rose-ringed parakeet Psittacula krameri
Apparently there are captive breeds that are truly yellow, but this looks within normal variation to me.
Oh I see! I have never seen such a yellow-version of Rose-ringed Parakeet so far! So that's new to me :) Thanks very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back