• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bluetit inspects box. (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
We are rather pleased that a bluetit has been visiting one of our boxes. In previous years we have not monitored them after the chicks had fledged, but a friend has a bird roosting in his box, so we decided to keep watch on ours.

Attachments

• bluetit in box 071103.JPG
    bluetit in box 071103.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 190
Congratulations Elizabeth once the cold weather sets in it may start roosting. We have had a Great Tit roosting in ours each night for a few weeks now, though I'd prefer it to have been a Blue Tit as they are more house proud.

Hi all,

Ive noticed Wrens coming in and out of one of my nestboxes,
they take leaves in with them.
Theres plenty of Blue and Great Tits,but they dont seem too interested
in the other box.
Ive only got a small garden and i was wondering if the boxes are too
close together?
Also i seem to remember from another thread that nestboxes
shouldnt be sited to near feeding areas,why is this?
And should i be moving mine?

Thanks,
Christine :h?:

Hi Christine - I have read that boxes should not be situated near feeders, but I heard this year that someone had a bird successfully nesting in the roof area of a covered bird table!! (Sorry, I cannot remember what bird it was).

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back