• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black forest - Munich (1 Viewer)

Hi, are you looking for anything specific?

Generally speaking the Feldberg area in southern Black Forest and the Honrnisgrinde area in northern Black Forest are good. Near Munich, there are some good wetlands called Ismaninger Stausee. Of course not the best time of the year...

The next week i will go to the black forest and munich. Are there good places for birding? :t:

Drive via Schurrsee near Guenzburg, there is Pluvialis fulva yet !
This area is very nice for bird watching and shows You a variety of bird life.
http://www.birdinggermany.de/_derived/guenzburg.htm_txt_schurrsee.gif
( between Günzburg and Gundelfingen )
Drive the street Guenzburg to Gundelfingen. The next parking place on Your left hand side is the sign.
Just few meters before is a unselaed road. drive to T - crossing and park there. Walk the way to right and follow the way the the small lake and pass them to the view tower ( I was there today ).

Also Plessenteich near Ulm kann be interesting ( see map ).
http://www.swp.de/ulm/schaumal/Vogelwelt-live;art1179985,1576934

Lake Ismaninger speichersee nort of Munich is interesting.
The west park is only a short place open during the week ( near channel from west ), because BMW test area. Especially in the evening it is a very good place for gulls and something also terns.
At weekend the north part is fully open. The south way of west part is always closed.
At the east part, the way from south between lake and channel ( 2,8 km dead end ) can be interesting especially for waders. Not many but suprise is possible.

At weekend You can follow me, but I am only a sparetime birder, not a guide.

Where do You start ? Near Black Forest is located Freiburg. The town is best breeding place for Alpine Swift in Germany.

Do You have target birds ?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back