• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatching near Berlin (2 Viewers)

Cucujus

Hi,

In two weeks (17th of March) i will be visiting Berlin for a few days, and during one of those days i would like to wander, or possibly bicycling, in a natural reserve/park, both to see some interesting scenery but also try to spot some interesting local birdlife.

What locations might be of interest this time of year, around Berlin and Brandenburg? Travelling with public transportation, i might add.

At a glance, the unteres odertal and Muritz both seem interesting and doable, what can i expect from there during the middle of March? And what regions and routes within the parks are of particular interest?

Thanks!

Depends a lot on which species you're looking for. The most recent reports on ornitho.de for Müritz say Red Kite, Common Snipe, White Wagtail and Bearded Tit (very sparse data in general, at least at first glance). In Unteres Odertal, a variety of wintering geese, swans, and ducks (mostly from the Fiddichower Polder) have been reported, also Great Grey Shrike, Woodlark, various woodpeckers, and a lot of other species. Both parks should have White-tailed Eagles.
This is just from the internet though, as I haven't yet been to those places myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back