• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding SW Norway (1 Viewer)

Barryb

I will be going to a wedding South of Stavanger at the end of July and wondered if anyone on BirdForum could give me any advice on good birding locations not too far away from Sokndal/Hauge i Dalane
I will be taking my car but will be travelling with my wife and 3 month old, so I may be limited in travelling/birding time. Although we are hoping to get up to the fjiords just north of Bergen, with any luck.
Are there any good forests for woodpeckers near Sokndal/Hauge i Dalane.

Barry

Someone else asking a similar question recently:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=90792&highlight=norway+trips

Also fatbirder website (google fatbirder + norway) has a page of info and links/ trip reports worth a look through.

Should have better luck than than me and some friends back when when I was in uni, we went on a 3 day cruise on the same ferry (winter), 6 hours actually in norway, we managed 17 species for the entire trip, including a highlight of lapwing from the ferry mid north sea and distant eagle sp.!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back