• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird (1 Viewer)

bicc

United Kingdom
I keep seeing a white bird in a suburban garden. The bird is a little smaller than a magpie. It has a long orange beak and is predominantly white. Black tips to the end of the wings and some delicate black streaks on its back. It seems to hop rather than walk. Any ideas. It also has a very distinctive call

Hi bicc and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Alexander is almost certainly correct with it being a Blackbird, I've not seen one as white as your one seems to be, as mine usually have an odd feather or two. But the yellow bill is diagnostic anyway.

You can read more about our Blackbird here in our Opus section: Eurasian Blackbird - BirdForum Opus

and more information on the condition known as leucism here in our birder's dictionary: Dictionary G-L - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back