• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Thank you! (1 Viewer)

Daffyduck

Hi I just want to say a big thank you to everyone I came across when I was in Michigan from 21st September through to 25th Sept.

I was lucky enough to visit Whitefishpoint (Big thanks to the guys there who were counting at the point and let me watch with them) and although there was little passage of wildfowl, managed to see:

large flocks of Blue Jays,
pine siskins
Yellow rumped warblers
Philadelphia vireos
white winged scooters
redbreasted loon
common mergansers
buff breasted sandpiper

Just outside of Paradise a WOLF jumped out in front of the car late at night - it was really chunky and in excellent health! I think we both had a big shock and luckily enough I was going really slow cos I thought that I might spot a moose or bear (which sadly I did not).

I then, down to Saigaw and on the way saw some hooded mergansers and ring necked ducks. At Saigaw Bay I saw the following after about 3 hours and no one around:

Redwinged blackbird, white throated sparrows, belted kingfisher,pied billed grebe, northern harriers, blue heron, catbirds, black crowned night heron, house wren, dark eyed junco, gt white egret, sharpies and a swimming racoon. The star of the show was a least bittern near the water sluices!

Then onto the nature reserve the other side of Saigaw and saw many of the above plus huge flocks of canada geese, killdeer, shore lark, big flocks of american robins, tree swallows and a red tailed hawk. In Livonia I managed to see a hummingbird, cardinals and blue jays.

So all in all, not bad - and everyone was sooooo friendly and helpful so thank you everso much!

Tina :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back