• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagles around the Whistler area (1 Viewer)

Neil

I'm going to be in Whistler while my family skiis in early January. Is there anywhere in short driving distance where I could photograph Bald Eagles and other birds as well? Neil.

I'm going to be in Whistler while my family skiis in early January. Is there anywhere in short driving distance where I could photograph Bald Eagles and other birds as well? Neil.

Hi Neil,

Bald Eagles will be common near any major waterway, especially in January. You'll likely see dozens on your way up to Whistler (so take note and return to those areas). Alice Lake Provincial Park is nearby, and should be quite productive. Or else return to Squamish, on Howe Sound, and you won't be disappointed.

Good luck to you, and enjoy your visit.

Robert / Seattle

Thanks Robert. I have found a website on Squamish and it looks promising. I'll have a look at it on the way up to Whistler.Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back